- Quality of life is an important aspect in everyone’s life and this becomes an important parameter whilst choosing a career. Ordinarily, beyond the sound pay package, one looks for a healthy and fit lifestyle appropriately entwined with an enjoyable social life and status.
- Quality of life is an important attribute of Air Force life and has no parallel in the civil sector. The life offers you challenge, adventure, excitement, honour, prestige, self-respect, content family life, safety and security for self and family and not to forget, the social status, respect and esteem of our countrymen.
- Besides being a noble service to the motherland and an honourable profession to be proud of, life in the IAF gives variety, adventure and challenge. It provides best of the facilities, be it recreation, sports, medical, education and institutes. The lifestyle imbibes in us a healthy well-being and a regime for life. The quality time we are able to spend with our family, social bonding with our counterparts, lifetime relations we nurture and the all willing, all time support from the extended family, have boundless value.
Every air warrior lives by certain Core values which are ingrained into Air Warriors during their training. Most people would have heard of loyalty, duty, respect, service, honour, integrity and courage but as air warriors, you learn them and live them every day in everything you do – whether on job or otherwise. The important core values are as follows:-
- Bear true faith and allegiance, support the leadership and support fellow warriors.
- Accomplish assigned tasks, missions and responsibilities. Fulfil your obligations.
- Treat others with dignity and respect while expecting others to do the same. Trust and appreciate.
- Put welfare of nation and others before self. Commit to go a little further, endure a little more and look a little closer.
- Honour is the matter of carrying out, acting and living the values of respect, duty, loyalty, selfless service, integrity and personal courage in everything you do.
- It is the quality you develop by adhering to moral principles. Do what’s right - legally and morally.
- Face fear, danger or adversity (physical or moral). You can build courage by standing up for and acting upon the things that you know are honourable.
- A unique esteemed status is enjoyed by an air warrior in the society. By joining the Air Force, one becomes a member of an exclusive and elite brotherhood. The ingrained code of conduct and ethical values enable the air warriors to occupy a special social niche in society.